We have all been there... No, ok maybe it's just me then.
Lets get real for a minute...
Have any of you ever had that moment of despair in the mirror when you realise that your hairline is receding? Just me? Ok. What about that moment you wish you had taken your braids out a month earlier or that moment you wished you had listen to the hairdresser strictly telling you not to dye your hair straight after relaxing it? Someone else must have been through one of these things or at least something similar #MYHAIRLOSSSTORY. I doubt that hashtag will start trending but we need to talk about these things because hair loss is real to a lot of men and women.
Here are 7 tips to getting your hair line back:
1. CASTOR OIL: Castor Oil has been proven to stimulate growth at the temple and nape of hair with constant massaging. The type that particularly works for receding hairlines is the Jamaican Black Castor Oil, I have never used it but I have seen magnificent results as a result of its use.
2. MASSAGE: Whatever you do, the most important step to get your hair line back is constant massage of the affected area. The massaging stimulates the hair follicles and aids in blood circulation thereby causing the hair to grow back. Be systematic in your massaging though, place your fingers on the affected area and use a circular clockwise motion and count up to ten and the use an anti clockwise motion and count up to 10 again, then repeat as often as you'd like!
3. AVOID: Hairstyles that will tug and pull at your hair line should be the ENEMY!!
4. When getting a relaxer, let your hair line be the VERY LAST place to apply your relaxer and do not use the teeth of your comb to straighten your hair line, use the bone of your comb, that way with minimal impact, you will preserve the hair on your hair line from falling out due to the harsh relaxer treatment.
5. Make sure you WASH OUT the relaxer thoroughly!! Relaxer residue has destroyed many hairlines, concentrate on getting the neutralizing shampoo to get out every trace of relaxer on your hair line.
6. STOP using HARD BRUSHES on your hair line, I know you want your hair sleek and straight but using a brush with hard bristles will pull out your hair while achieving that look, instead USE A SOFT BRISTLED BRUSH OR A TOOTHBRUSH!! Yes I said it TOOTHBRUSH!!
7. Keep your Cleanser or Toner AWAY from your hair line especially if it contains alcohol. The alcohol will dry out your hair line, make it brittle. GELS too, especially if they have alcohol because they have the same negative effect.
Some of these tips helped me get mine back and I hope they will help you get yours.
Love Your Hair
Comments will be approved before showing up.